Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Peace On Earth Good Will To All
This is our Golden Christmas together! Jim and I have celebrated 50 beautiful Christmases this year! We were both 17 and living at home with our parents and siblings for that Christmas. I can still remember what I gave him for our first Christmas. When I was young I really liked to see men in a really scrumptious pullover sweater. Actually I still love that. They are so masculine and dressy casual. My gift was a handsome brown sweater and some Jade East. Jade East was a popular men's cologne. Who can remember that scent? Every cool guy on earth wore that cologne for several years. I think getting a whiff of that aroma tonight, would take me straight back to that first formal dance we ever attended. It was at a country club. It was a romantic setting with live band and actually the night I fell in love I think. Oh, the journey we have had since then.
Together we have climbed the highest mountains and crossed amazing seas. We've seen rocky roads and slippery slides, some picnics for two and merry-go-round rides. And we have done all the mundane along with all the high and lows of everyday living for all these years. Looking back I don't think there are more than five things I would actually change. Hindsight is always 20/20. There is a blessing in being in this place we find ourselves. We know now that we can make it through, no matter what. That we don't have to be perfect, to be perfect for each other. Our family traditions and faith in The Savior sustain us through thick and thin.
Speaking of traditions, Christmas traditions do unify us as families and everyone has Christmas memories that last. Most of the time they are good memories of family times and love for each other. As we couple that with the reason we celebrate Christmas in the first place, it makes Christmas all the sweeter and more meaningful. These things strengthen and ground individuals and families. We have to hang on to them. We owe that to our posterity as the heat under the melting pot has gone cold and we have to defend everything little thing in this world we hold dear.
We think the adversity around everything should only strengthen our resolve to keep the traditions of our fathers and mothers burning brightly in our hearts and families. So Merry Christmas to everyone from our house to yours. May it be one of your very best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Happy Christmas to you and Jim Bonnie. I pray that your days will be blessed with more love, joy and peace than your cup can hold! You two are so very blessed to have found each other. I am looking forward to hopefully meeting you in 2015! xxoo
Thank you, Bonnie for including me in your Christmas with this beautiful blog! Susan
Better late than never. This is our 50th Christmas together too as Stephan came to meet my family the Christmas before we were married and we celebrate our 50th anniversary next August. Love you.
Something is going on with the blogger platform and all my photos are hidden. Working on correcting it. It has something to do with Google+ I rue the day I started using that sight. I now need to figure it all out by spending time trying to study a feature of google I don't like or use. Argh!! Sorry. Bonnie
Something is going on with the blogger platform and all my photos are hidden. Working on correcting it. It has something to do with Google+ I rue the day I started using that sight. I now need to figure it all out by spending time trying to study a feature of google I don't like or use. Argh!! Sorry. Bonnie
Post a Comment