Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Laura and Robert's Clan

Laura and Robert and the boys are having a once in a life time experience as Robert serves our country from Treverola, Italia. The base where he is stationed in near Napoli. He has the opportunity to do a lot of humanitarian service as a civil engineer and has enjoyed his time in Africa, Germany, France, cruising the Black Sea and all kinds of exciting things. Laura has kept the home fires burning while having a lot of church responsibility, serving in the community, free lancing her Interiors by Design II company in Italy, and numerous other things involving the boys and their activities. She is so much like her Dad...can never say no and attacks everything with great gusto. Robert and Laura have a beautiful relationship and are outstanding parents. We had the trip of a life time with them in the Spring and traveled most of Italy by train, planes and automobile and buses and boats and mostly our poor, aching feet! When thinking of Italy two words come to mind~Beautiful and Intense!


Our handsome Spencer is now 9 1/2 and in the 4th grade. He is a budding author just like his cousin, Piper, and he and I are writing a book together across the world that has been a fun project. I started it and we each add a part and then pass it over to the other one to continue. It is really fun. I have never written fiction before and found it really takes on a life of its own. Who knows how our story will end...not us that is for sure! It is my turn to write on that one too, I better put that on my very long 'to do' list.

Spencer is a very sweet boy and very tenderhearted ( again, just like Piper.) Spence is learning to cook things without the dreaded peanut and soy, play the piano, and he dreams of being an inventor someday. He enjoys the study of the universe and the planets and can play quietly for hours dreaming up stuff. He is enjoying scouting, is also a very good big brother and a good Christan boy too. He loves to read Harry Potter along with all of his cousins that are old enough. He is one of the most disciplined and obedient people we know. We sure love this wonderful grandson!

While we were in Italy I think the best fun the boys had was making faces while getting their pictures taken. There were very few to frame but they had a lot of fun. Here he is having breakfast before a busy day in Venice. This was a time Jim and I will never forget. We miss these guys so much!

Brotherhood at its best!
The Little Rascals had nothing on these two!

Ross with his "Percinnamon"

This is Ross, our resident family comedian. Ross has never met a stranger and is extremely outgoing and gregarious. The funny thing about Ross is that from day one he has been funny and he has always known he is funny! Some kids are oblivious about this humorous trait in themselves but not Rossie. He has the kind of self-confidence that you wish you could bottle and sell to every person on the planet. Ross is 6 and loving the 1st grade. He hero worships his big brother and they do a lot together. Ross is one of those people that is highly motivated by points, stars, prizes, etc. He will go far in this world~no question. He loves sports, scouts, piano, and anything electronic or having to do with numbers. When he sees me he always gives me his "billion and one kisses." He is a real snuggler too. One time I was talking to him on the phone and I told him I didn't want him growing up so fast while they are away. He asked me, "Why? I told him because I just love him so much and he is so cute while he's little! He thought about that a minute and in all seriousness said, "Don't worry Gramma, I think you will still love me when I am bigger, I'll still be cute then!" Truer words have never been spoken!

This is Ross eating his first chocolate gelato
in Caserta, Italia.This speaks volumes about
this enthusiastic, fun-loving little guy.
He is a Sweetheart!
Spencer and Rossie exploring their world together!

The best thing in Italy is this little family
in our humble opinion!
Who needs Rome, Venice, Florence...David?
Not us, as long as we are near them!
(But those things are a nice addition for sure!)


3 comments:

crabapple farm said...

These are such fabulous pictures! I love reading about everyone and Laura looks just beautiful and international! Thanks for all your comments on my blog. JoAnne and I get on all the time to "see if anyone has left a comment" - we love comments! Merry Christmas.

Bonnie said...

Laura Elizabeth said,

"
Mom, I love it! Thanks for all of the time and effort you put into presevering this year and creating a fun family Christmas card. I love the blog name and backround. It really looks great! I love all the pictures too. Robert and I loved every bit of it! The boys haven't seen it yet as they are in bed. I loved the house pictures too- everything looks great. I spotted a few things I haven't seen before. It was a taste of home to look at the pictures! I love you!

Love,
Laura

mandy* said...

I just checked my other e-mail after about a month! How fun that I came across your message about this blog. I LOVED reading about everyone. Thanks for taking the time to do it!