Thursday, December 9, 2010

News of the Family~Jim and Bon~2010



Jim and I have had a great year. Seriously, you know how some years you are happy to see an end to it, but for us this year has been a lot of fun! We had a wonderful month in Italy returning on Jan 9th. After that we went to work on finishing our new bathroom remodel and have been thrilled with how it turned out and how much we are enjoying the extra light and space.

At the end of May I closed the staging portion of my business getting ready for Jim's retirement from CC County at the end of June. I still do consulting now but am not under the weight of a warehouse full of inventory anymore. Jim's retirement has been absolutely fantastic and we are surprised by the ease of the transition. We have been enjoying sleeping a little later and have more discretionary time to just play, pursue our interest in travel and photography and other things together. We have made an effort to discover new places we haven't been before in the Bay Area on a day trip at least once a week. We are amazed at what we have seen for the first time. We love having more choices and working on our own time clock. Jim has kept very busy as you can well imagine with all kind of projects and I have been blogging almost daily for the past 3 years and enjoy writing very much.

We had a month of visiting all the kids in the fall. First stop was Utah where we had actually been several times this year. Then we went on to Rhode Island and enjoyed a marvelous tour of the New England states and a great time with Laura, Robert, Spencer and Ross. Seeing our kids and grandkids drives most of our travel and we love to be with them and help out in any way we can.


The most beautiful day in New Hampshire this year!

We just got a new church calling as a couple and will be working in Oakland at the Regional Family History Center on Temple Hill which we are looking forward to very much. Jim is already working up there once a week as an assistant in the engineering department. This year he helped put up thousands of Christmas Lights on Temple Hill. So 2011 promises we will be spending a lot of time in a very wonderful place. Life is good and we are reasonably healthy so that is a huge blessing.

Blurry due to iPhone photos and rain.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I wait the day when Marshall and I can just relax and set our own time to do the things we have thought about doing. One day out of the week is hardly enough time for us to devote to our current passion: photography. You inspired us with your photos from New England!

Can you believe that one of my trees leaves out in the back yard turned completely bright orange? I didn't see it until a while ago when I went to water my thirsty rose bushes. Now all the leaves are almost all gone. I could kick myself!

Deanna :D